Sunday 22 March 2015

Miss Havisham and Estella

After I read the book and watched the film and television adaptations of Miss Havisham I had these ideas for the characters:

Miss Havisham:
Cold hearted
Alone
Strange
Mean
Manipulating
Redemption

Estella:
Cold hearted at first
Alone
Lost
Intriguing
Beautiful
Longing
Redemption


I see alot of similarities between the characters of Estella and Miss Havisham and so therefore in my designs I want them to have obvious similarities to show the links between them. However there are very strong differences in their personalities and so I feel this needs to be shown clearly in my designs. I think Estella should be portrayed as a young women, perhaps just before she gets married, full of hope for the future, well dressed with elaborate hair and a healthy glowing complexion. For my Miss Havisham I would like to portray her a few months after her wedding so that she is not the complete version of the old cold hearted Miss Havisham, instead she is still hurt and quite young.

No comments:

Post a Comment