Saturday 2 May 2015

Claudia Designs


This was my first make-up design for Claudia. I did the style of the make-up similar to the main characters in The Vampire Diaries but used different colours to try and show that Claudia is different to them. However I don't think the colours work very well to fit in with the show and so I have decided to use similar colours to those used in the show because my idea is that Claudia would see the girls walk past her house and copy their make-up.



I had another idea of showing Claudia as if she has just found out Mrs Ladermans evil side and has been fighting with her. I think this could work well to create a dramatic look and I could use some of the techniques for make-up that I have learned in lectures. I think the colours for the make-up look better than in my previous design but they still need work on.

I did this design to finalise the make-up colours for my Claudia look. I think these colours fit in a lot better to the colour scheme of the show so I am going to use them and incorporate the burns and bruises from my previous design.

This is my final design for Claudia. I think the look works well and would fit into the Vampire Diaries. I made a mistake when completing the lips and should of used the pink/grey colour that is in my previous design. I think the look works well to show that Claudia is bruised and scared after being in a fight with Mrs Laderman.

I like the way the hair is pulled back in this design as it will not hide any of the make-up which I want to be fully on show so that the bruising on the side of the forehead can be seen. I don't think having all of the hair up works though as a lot of the characters on the show have their hair down and I think this would work better as this design looks a bit too mature for Claudia.

I think the curled hair works well in this design but I am not sure if the way the hair is tied at the back of the hair works to create the look I want for Claudia.
I like the way the hair looks a bit dishevelled in this design as it would do if Claudia had been fighting and running away from Mrs Laderman. Also this look would fit in the best with the hairstyles from the show but I think I prefer the designs where the hair is out of the face as I don't want any of the make-up to be covered.


This is my final design. I tried the look with the hair straight and curled and I feel the curled hair will work better to create a more dynamic look. The style of the curls is different to a lot of the curled hairstyles in The Vampire Diaries but I did this to show that Claudia is different to the other characters but I still think the overall look would fit in with the show. I am going to do the curls a bit dishevelled as if Claudia had been running and so they are a bit wind swepped. However I am going to keep the front of the hair quite sleek with a strong shape as I want to show that Claudia is strong and can take on Mrs Laderman. Also in a lot of shows the main character runs miles through all sorts of terrain and still has almost perfect hair so if they can have nice hair whilst fighting evil I think Claudia should be allowed to as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment