Saturday 2 May 2015

Mrs Laderman Designs

This was my original design. I like the pale face and grey and brown tones for contouring as they create a dramatic look and they are similar to the tones used on many characters skin in The Vampire Diaries, However I think the contouring is too harsh and the colours of the eye and lip make-up do not really fit in with the make-up colour schemes from the show. I had done them dramatic colours to show that Mrs Laderman is different in some way to the other characters and used blue to show she is cold hearted. However I don't think the look would fit in with the show.

In this design I used softer contouring and used it all over the face, I think in my final design I will focus the contouring on the outside of the face to give the make-up a slightly un-even balance of contouring and therefore make Mrs Laderman's skin look a bit unreal. I think the brown is too soft for the eye shadow so I am going to try using black instead and I am also going to use more eyeliner to draw attention to the eyes. I much prefer the lip colour. Although red is not used a lot in the show on lips I think it works well to represent that Mrs Laderman is different from the other characters. Also I like the sophisticated look that it gives as this is how I see Mrs Laderman: sophisticated and sinister.

I think the black eyeshadow works well to make the eyes look dramatic and works better than the brown in my previous design. I am going to make the edges of the eyeshadow softer though and use grey and white tones to give a more dramatic look. I tried using darker tones of lipstick on the outer corners but I prefer the original red shade on its own and also this tone is a lot easier to replicate if I need to do so in the future. I also used red under the eyes to try and make Mrs Laderman's make-up different from the other characters on the show but I don't think it fits in with the overall look of the show. I think adding the red is a bit too fantasy like and I want it to look like Mrs Laderman would fit in well into everyday life.

This is my final make-up design. I think the look works well as a whole t create the character of Mrs Laderman. I know that the make-up is different in some ways to how a lot of the characters on The Vampire diaries have theres but I wanted to do this to show that Mrs Laderman is different to them all and that she is against all of them. Its mainly the colour scheme that is a bit different to the show as the style of make-up I think does fit in with the show. 

In this design I wanted the hair to be dramatic and wanted the look to be strong like Mrs Laderman's character. However I am going to be shooting outside and so the wind would cause the hair to move anyway so I think the design needs to be something that would look better in the wind.

I like how the hair is off the face in this design and as it's pulled back it makes the look very serve which I like. However I don't think this type of hairstyle fits that well into the overall look of the show as the hair for a lot of the characters is very soft with most of the hair down.

I think this look works the best for Mrs Laderman to create the sophisticated look I was aiming to make. However my models hair is very long with layers and so I think it would look good if the hair was curled instead of completely straight. 

This is my final hair design and I think the style will work better with the hair curled. I am pleased with the look and I think the hair to one side will work well for the poses I am planning for my model to stand in so I am happy with  my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment